It's hard to believe it is the end of 2011.....what a busy year it has been! It has been full of a lot of work, waiting, paperwork, heartache, excitement and blessings. In some ways, I am thankful to say "goodbye" to some of 2011...
- the stress of starting an adoption
- the overwhelming mountain of paperwork
- turning 30 (ha ha)
- the anxiety of waiting for a referral
- the agonizing wait for LOA (it's not over, but we have almost made it to day 80!)
- the completion of my National Board portfolio and assessment...and the LONG wait to find out that I had passed!
- Jason's unexpected illness and surgery
- the grief we felt - and still feel - for friends and family who have suffered unfathomable losses this year
However, despite this year being a stressful year, we obviously have so much to be thankful for and we had many, many wonderful and memorable moments to savor!
As we look forward to 2012, we know our little world will drastically change this year. So, we enter the new year with excitement for...
- our LOA (which will get our process rolling again)
- Alexis' 4th birthday (how on earth can she be 4 already?!?)
- traveling to China and meeting our SON!
- my sister's WEDDING and all the fun, related festivities
We know this adoption journey is far from over, and I'm sure there will be many surprises yet to come. Thanks for being a part of this experience with us so far! So many people have supported and encouraged us through every step and it helps to know Jaxson is already loved by so many people.
Happy New Year!