Saturday, April 23, 2011

30th Birthday and Jewelry Show!

This week I celebrated my 30th birthday, so I am now officially "old" enough to adopt from China! I had been struggling with the idea of "leaving" my twenties, but I survived the transition and was blessed with many warm wishes/gestures by family and friends this week.

We are still waiting on our approved I-800a form (hopefully ANY day now), and then we can go to Frankfort, authenticate our documents, send them to Washington, D.C. for authentication and finally send them to China!  I'm really hoping this is all able to happen within the next three weeks.  Keeping our fingers crossed!  It will be such a relief to have the paperwork all complete, so we can then wait for a match!

I also wanted to share a wonderful opportunity we were presented with by a family friend, who is also a wonderful Premier Designs Jeweler, Mrs. Kim Day.  She heard about the fundraisers we are supposed to complete, and she graciously offered to have a jewelry show at my home, and she will donate her profits to our adoption expenses via our agency.  We are very appreciative of her offer, and we feel that it is an ideal "fundraiser" for family and friends - everyone benefits!  Premier jewelry offers high-quality, beautiful pieces.  This is a great opportunity to shop for yourself, family/friends, birthday gifts, etc. - for a great cause!  We will ask our friend to send the funds raised directly to our agency, to be placed in our account, so that those who participate are assured that the monies earned are only used for adoption expenses (the fees we are currently paying will go directly to Annabelle's orphanage and some of her medical needs - they are not for the operational expenses of our agency, as those have already been paid). 

Invitations will be sent soon, but I wanted to share the date of the fundraiser on this blog.  If you are able to attend and live nearby, I hope you will consider dropping by!  I will have a variety of food for everyone - so come hungry! :-)  If you are unable to attend or leave too far away, I can collect orders prior to the party as well.  Premier offers a variety of jewelry (earrings, bracelets, necklaces, etc.) in a wide range of price points.

Premier Designs Jewelry Show and Adoption Fundraiser
Tuesday, May 10th
6:30 p.m.
Home of Laura Beth Hayes (Majestic Oaks neighborhood in Cecilia)


No comments:

Post a Comment